We just went live! Checkout this simple button design software: it’s free. A great tool for designing buttons and creating button artwork. It even takes your button design and lays it out on the sheet for you. With a 2-1/4″ button you make your design and then you go to print and it puts 9 up on the page in a pdf, ready to print. In your profile you can collect and save all your designs and then print 9 different buttons on each sheet if you wish. Simple and effective.
If you’re a graphic designer then no problem, stick to Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp etc. But if you are not a graphics person then you can instantly make your button artwork and then the system lays your button artwork out on a page ready for printing. Sweet!
Remember your button design is key. Once you have a good button maker, making buttons is inexpensive and pressing them is easy. Coming up with great button artwork or a really good button design is not so easy. Invest time in your designs. It will pay off. Remember a few tips:
- More is less! Do not clutter your button.
- Bright but simple works well
- Button designs with white backgrounds work very well on buttons.
- One bright colour works well on buttons. eg. Black white then a splash of red.
- If you’re using multiple colours ensure they hang together well.